Weekend Fitspiration: Bay Area's best weekend events
Runs, races, and yoga in the Park. This weekend, there's plenty of ways to get your heartbeat pumpin'.
Oaktown Half & 5K
Oaktown Half and 5K is returning for it's 5th Anniversary! Starting (and ending) at Frank Ogawa Plaza on August 11 (and August 12 for the Half), this race will give runners a taste of Oakland's authentic soul, from the steps of City Hall and Jack London Square to Uptown and Lake Merritt.
- When: Saturday, Aug 11 and Sunday, Aug 12
- Where: Frank Ogawa Plaza | 1 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland
- What you need: Register here before race time!
Athleta presents Yoga in the Park
- When: Saturday, Aug 11 at 9am.
- Where: Washington Park | 850 Burlingame Ave., Burlingame
- What you need: A yoga mat and H20. Register here for more information.
Body Mechanix is taking their fitness fun outdoors this weekend with a community bike ride over Golden Gate bridge and into Sausalito. No bike? No problem. The team is meeting at Blazing Saddles at Pier 41 where you can rent a bike.
For more information, call Body Mechanix and ask for Terrel or Marc: 415.935.1348
- When: Sunday, Aug. 12 at 10:30am
- Where: Blazing Saddles at Pier 41 (you can rent bikes here)
- What you need: Bike, water, dinero for lunch.
Looking for more events? Peep our calendar where we round up the best of the Bay Area events.